Soft Liner Alternative
A permanent soft liner is a layer of soft material that is fitted to the surface of a denture and rests next to the oral tissues. In short, a soft liner acts as a cushion or shock absorber between the hard plastic base of a denture and the gums. Soft liners can be used in the fabrication of new dentures or placed in existing dentures.
Is a soft liner right for you?
Permanent soft liners provide comfort and relief for individuals with:
1. severely receded or flat gums that do not tolerate the stress of dentures
2. chronic soreness
3. gums with prominent or sharp bony areas
Advantages of Soft Liners
1. Greater comfort (a significant number of denture wearers with chronic discomfort have experienced great relief)
2. Clinical evidence indicates that almost everyone tolerates soft liner materials with soft liners, many denture wearers report that they can chew food more comfortably
3. A proven technology, soft liners have been offered to patients for over 20 years, and over that time the materials and technology have steadily improved.
Things to think about with Soft Liners
1. Greater consideration in the use of proper cleaners and good home care must be given.
2. Require regular follow-up visits with The Denture Centre to examine the fit of dentures, the health of a patient’s oral tissues and to ensure professional cleaning